All courses for the CS minor must be taken for a letter grade and the average GPA must be at least 2.0. To declare a CS Minor, all you have to do is declare in Axess.
- MATH51 Linear Algebra and Differential Calculus of Several Variables
Introduction to Programming
- CS106B or CS106X Programming Abstractions
AP credit maybe used to fulfill this requirement.
- CS103 Mathematical Foundations of Computing
- CS107 Computer Organization and Systems
- CS109 Introduction to Probability for Computer Scientiests
Choose two electives from different areas.
- CS121 Introduction to Artificial Intelligenc
- CS221 AI: Principles and Techniques
- CS147 Introduction to Human-Computer Interaction Design
- CS108 Object-Oriented Systems Design
- CS110 Principles of Computer Systems
- CS140 Operating Systems
- CS143 Compilers
- CS144 Networking
- CS145 Databases
- CS148 Graphics
- CS154 Automata and Complexity Theory
- CS157 Logic and Automated Reasoning
- CS161 Design and Analysis of Algorithms
For students with no programming background, the minor consists of seven or eight courses.
Students who have taken either CS103X or CS103A and CS103B are considered to have satisfied the CS103 requirement.
The name of CS107 has changed. The previous CS107 course entitled Programming Paradigms also fulfills this requirement.
Students who complete STATS116, MS&E120, or CME106 in Winter 2008-2009 or earlier may count that course as satisfying the CS109 requirement. These same courses taken in Spring 2008-2009 or later cannot be used to satisfy the CS109 requirement.